There are certain factors that the Social Security Administration (SSA) must consider to determine whether you should be awarded Social Security disability benefits for your physical or mental impairment that prevents you from working. Your Ocala Social Security disability attorney will help you provide the necessary information the SSA is looking for in considering these factors.
One of the most important factors that affect the SSA’s disability determination is your limitation on mobility. The SSA examiner will look at various aspects of mobility and determine how they affect the claimant’s ability to be gainfully employed.
– Need to walk around – may be a disabling limitation depending on the frequency and duration of the need to walk.
– Need to elevate legs – may be a disabling limitation depending on how long during the work day the legs must be elevated.
– Sitting limitations – if the job requires the claimant to sit for a long period of time, then inability to sit is a limitation.
– Hand limitations – inability to properly use the hands and fingers is a limitation for the majority of job tasks.
– Reaching and handling limitations – the inability to reach and handle objects is a disabling factor for the majority of job tasks.
Your Ocala Social Security disability attorney can provide you with more details regarding the information you need to provide the SSA to prove your disability limits your mobility, which is an important factor in being gainfully employed.
For more information about limitations on mobility, you should call an Ocala Social Security disability lawyer at the CJ Henry Law Firm, PLLC, at (352) 304-5300.